The inside area was divided into barracks and ammunition warehouses. The buildings of the west wing have two-floors with dome covered rooms.
Over the door of the first floor there is the following inscription : “ALOYSIUS BRAGADEUS PROVISOR CYDONIAE M. DCXX”. In the centre of the court, there is a large water reservoir, where the water running from the roofs was collected. In the period of the Turkish occupation and until fairly recently, Firca was used as military barracks and a prison.
The flag of the Unification of Crete to Greece was symbolically raised on the corner watch-tower on 1st December 1913.